How to Join ISLN
- ISLN offers free membership and several categories of paid membership. Details are below.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paid membership form.
- Payment of dues must be completed at least five working days before the AGM, generally held in April. Only paid-up members may vote or stand for the Executive Committee. The ISLN financial year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
- If you believe your membership status is incorrect, please inform the Treasurer by emailing email@example.com.
Free membershipAnyone can:
- Attend all general network meetings – or other events as invited by ISLN;
- Participate in the Red Dot Awards and other public initiatives;
- Be invited to general events, e.g., author visits;
- Access public resources on the ISLN and Red Dot websites.
Paid membershipIf you wish, you can become a member of ISLN. Members have these additional rights, depending on their level of membership:
- Attendance at AGMs;
- Voting privileges, whenever a member vote is required (at AGMs and other meetings);
- Conference/PD discount;
- 20% discount for Associate, Personal, and Corporate
- For School members, 20% discount for nominated library staff & 10% discount for other staff at the school
- Participation in promotions like the Red Dot Awards — free books for those members who signed up early and/or right to order books through ISLN;
- Membership in the ISLN Google Group listserv, e.g., more detailed and/or more exclusive information than non-members receive — and the ease of sending notices to all other members using the ISLN Google Group email list; the Google Group also allows members to upload files to be shared with other members, but not with the general public.
- Access to liaison information and liaison rights, as negotiated by our Liaison Officer, with other librarian groups such as IASL and the National Book Development Council;
- Eligibility for any Lucky Door Prizes at network meetings;
- Access to the Singapore International School Libraries BorrowBox Consortium. Members who subscribe will have access to over 1000 titles through the consortium, including selected Red Dot titles. Interested members should ask the Secretary for a letter of introduction to BorrowBox.
The membership categories are:
Personal Membership—$50Open to professional staff currently employed in school libraries in Singapore. Professional membership will entitle that person to attend meetings, vote, receive correspondence and to enjoy a 20% discount on professional development and training offered by the society. If at any time, a personal member wishes to transfer their membership to a school membership, the personal membership fees will be credited towards the higher fees. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a membership form.
Whole school membership—from $75–$250
- Fewer than 500 students = $ 75 per annum
- 500 to 999 students = $ 125 per annum
- 1000 and 1999 students = $ 175 per annum
- Over 2000 students = $ 250 per annum
- Open to teaching/library assistants, university students, staff of non‐profit organisations. Associates may attend meetings, receive correspondence and to enjoy a 20% discount on professional development and training offered by the society. Email email@example.com to request a membership form.
- Open to agencies and businesses with an interest in school libraries.
Lifetime Membership—FreeLong-standing members of ISLN who were active for at least five years and have left Singapore or retired from school libraries may be invited to become lifetime members and enjoy ISLN personal membership benefits at no cost. Lifetime members must be nominated at a regular ISLN meeting. The list of lifetime members can be found at the bottom of this document.
Information about the Annual General Meeting (AGM)The AGM takes place in April or May each year, and includes elections for members of the Executive Committee. Minutes from past AGMs and regular meetings are available here.
ISLN Constitution (last amended in May 2021)