- Red Dot 2014-2015: Early Years: Suggested LONG LIST
- Red Dot 2014-2015: Younger Readers: Suggested LONG LIST
- Red Dot 2014-2015: Older Readers: Suggested LONG LIST
- Red Dot 2014-2015: Mature Readers: Suggested LONG LIST
Published (in English) within the last 4 years — so 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014
The shortlists will consist of 8 books at each level
Preferably only #1 if in a series
- Preferably no repeat of an author from previous years
- Think of accessibility — easy to purchase from major vendor? is it available in paperback?
- Mix of genres, e.g., fiction, nonfiction, poetry, graphic format
- Balance of male/female main characters
- Balance of cultures or countries of origin
- Preferably including a book from Singapore or the region
HUGE WARNING: Because the lists are open to the world, some really weird things can be put on it — and, even though our ISLN Goodreads account created the lists, we can’t delete things off it (at least I can’t figure out how to do that). Right now a guy called Jonathan:
has added several titles, which are not appropriate. One is a nonfiction book about health care for adults. E.g.,
Please ignore them. The Red Dot committee surely will. And if anyone has a better idea of how to suggest titles, let me know. We could just go with the Goodreads group shelf, but it’s a bit more of a hassle to put books on a shelf.