- 21st Century Learning Conference
- The School Librarian Connection
- 2014: Hong Kong – Renaissance College, Fri/Sat Nov 21-22
- International School of Kuala Lumpur (ISKL)
- Librarians Knowledge Sharing Workshop & Job-Alike
- 2013: Kuala Lumpur – Alice Smith School, Oct 5-6
- 2014: Brunei – Jerudong International School, Feb 20-21
- 2015: Bangkok – Shrewsbury International School, Fri/Sat Feb 6-7
- Singapore American School
- Centre for International Education, UWCSEA East
- 2015: Practices to Engage and Empower Readers and Writers – with Penny Kittle, Sat Feb 7
- 2015: Reading Projects, Reimagined Workshop: Student Driven Conferences Conferences to Deepen Critical Thinking – with Dan Feigelson, Sun Feb 8
- 2015: Teach-Up Inaugural Mini-conference, Sat Mar 7
- 2015: Multilingualism Conference, Fri pre-conf May 15, Sat/Sun May 16-17
You can go to KL in January and brush up on your Destiny knowledge (with Jenna Emerson & co), as well as see the famous Kevin Hennah. Or you stay home and attend a conference on creativity and children’s literature. Our own SAS is hosting four fabulous creators — Candace Fleming & Susan Campbell Bartoletti, both known for their upper primary/middle school narrative non-fiction, and Eric Rohman & Todd Parr, authors and illustrators for the younger end.
Then in early February you can go to Bangkok to hear Bob Stein, director of the utterly fascinating Institute for the Future of the Book and a specialist in electronic publishing, especially in the realm of education, at the Librarians Knowledge Sharing Workshop & Job-Alike. Though that same weekend our campus, UWCSEA East is holding weekend workshops with book-loving consultants Penny Kittle and Dan Feigelson.
Barb, Nadine, and I will be missing the next network meeting as we are off that afternoon to Hong Kong for the School Librarian Connection Fri/Sat conference, which looks to be great fun.
Is anyone planning to go to Hong Kong for the December 21st Century Learning conference?