Click here for a Google Doc outlining all the information about the Readers’ Cup competition, being held on May 21st this year — at the Singapore American School.
As we’re always learning and experimenting — striving for the best experience for all our students — each year we change a few things.
This year, in an effort to increase participation, provide more ways to win, and encourage deeper engagement with the books, there are three separate ways a team can participate in each category:
- the Quiz Competition, where schools can enter up to two teams per category — and where there will be an extra round of questions based on supplementary material on one book in the category;
- a Book Trailer competition;
- a Design-a-Better-Book Cover competition;
The rubrics for the book trailer and the book cover contests are in the Google Doc linked above.
Register each of your teams here before 30th April. The cost is $60 per team, to be paid on or before May 21.
The categories are:
- Younger Readers (6 students per team) – Year 3, 4 & 5 / Grade 2, 3 & 4
- Older Readers (6 students per team) – Year 5, 6, 7 & 8 / Grade 4, 5, 6 & 7
- Mature Readers (4 students per team) – Year 8+ / Grade 7+
Teams may be made up of students below the category range, but not above.
Remember: all information can be found on the Readers Cup page of the Red Dot website — and will be reiterated at the AGM on Monday, April 27th, at Tanglin Trust School.
Questions? Contact Barb Reid (email@example.com), the chair of the Readers Cup Committee.